Role: Business Development / Strategic Ops Intern at Symbium
Reports To: CEO
Symbium is looking for a Business Development / Strategic Ops Intern to work closely with our CEO to help design & deliver market and product analyses, strategic growth modeling, monetization strategies, and KPIs for these initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a passion for disrupting the local government planning space and meet the agile requirements of a small but growing venture-backed org. We're looking for a self-starter who has the drive and tenacity to initiate and manage multiple projects with direct support and feedback from the CEO.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work directly with CEO to help guide Symbium’s short- and long-term growth and monetization strategy.
- Work directly with CEO on preparations for Series A fundraise, including diligencing investors, narrative creation, business modeling, and preparing for investor meetings.
- Define, develop, and execute highly visible projects such as entering new markets, playing an active role in bringing new products to market, and analyzing and optimizing the performance of current product offerings
- Work cross-functionally with other Symbium teams (Product, Development) to establish and optimize business processes to help the company scale.
- Lead analytics/tracking of internal processes to streamline business operations
- Help develop and refine metrics and KPIs to help Symbium achieve its strategic business objectives
- Analyze performance of existing Product, Marketing, and Business Development campaigns in order to improve performance and identify new high-value opportunities.
Experience & Qualifications
This is an opportunity to work closely with the CEO to shape the company’s business and growth strategies, among other initiatives, in a short but intense Summer. We are looking for someone with:
- Passion and enthusiasm who wants to be part of the most disruptive venture-backed SaaS company in the government space.
- Proven ability to simplify complex information into an easy-to-understand format.
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively with a demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible and adaptable through growth and change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a priority of responsiveness internally with team members and externally with prospects and customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills - know how to form successful relationships, collaborate and work across functional teams at various levels, internally and externally.
- Experience in local government, housing construction, or new market analyses preferred.
- Current MBA student preferred.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Symbium does not provide visa sponsorships at this time.
Symbium is an equal opportunity employer.