Role: Data Engineering Intern at Symbium
Reports To: CTO
At Symbium, we make it easy for the masses to interact with and understand the consequences of laws and regulations through our web applications. We are currently focussed on streamlining the regulatory review of residential construction projects in the US.
As a data engineering intern, you would work with our software engineers and product managers to (1) expand the coverage and quality of the data that powers our Complaw® applications, and (2) set up data ingestion pipelines to expedite future database updates.
Role & Responsibilities
- Find authoritative sources of structured data across multiple geographies, and create scripts to extract this data.
- Work closely with our software engineers to set up a data transformation pipeline to clean and normalize the collected data.
- Build internal tools to streamline our ETL processes.
Experience & Qualifications
Who you are:
Nice to haves:
- Team player who is passionate about being a part of a tight-knit and nimble team.
- Have strong scripting languages skills (e.g., NodeJS, Python).
- Understanding of how to effectively use regular expressions.
- Knowledge of data parsing and cleaning libraries.
- Able to meet tight deadlines.
- Resourceful, and excited about exploring creative ways of solving problems and learning on the job.
- Understands the significance of good software development practices such as unit tests, profiling, prototypes etc.
- Experience working with geo-spatial data or libraries, e.g., GDAL, Turf.
- Knowledge of data analysis tools, e.g., pandas, or NLP tools.
- Experience working with large datasets.
- Background in using technology to solve problems in the regulatory space.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Symbium does not provide visa sponsorships at this time.
Symbium is an equal opportunity employer.