Role: Software Engineer at Symbium
Reports To: CTO
At Symbium, we make it easy for the masses to interact with and understand the consequences of laws and regulations through our web applications. Our amazing team of software engineers and the use of a novel and proprietary software development stack enable us to transform even the most complex regulations into computer-executable form and accompany these tools with beautiful and intuitive user experiences.
We are looking for a software engineer with full-stack experience. Your primary responsibility would be to work with our engineers and product managers to build and maintain Complaw® web applications.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work closely with our product managers and other software engineers to build new products or features from start to finish: from conception through release and maintenance.
- Build internal tools to streamline our processes and to increase team productivity.
- Develop early prototypes to help with product scoping.
- Encode relevant laws and regulations using a logic programming language.
- Build APIs that support our web applications as well as third-party usage.
Experience & Qualifications
Who you are:
Nice to haves:
- Excited at the opportunity to build a complex web application from the ground up.
- Team player who is passionate about being a part of a tight-knit and nimble team.
- Have the ability to manage multiple development projects under tight deadlines.
- Have strong back-end development experience (NodeJS, PHP, or Ruby) and familiarity with deploying and managing services on AWS.
- Have experience with Git.
- Resourceful, and excited about exploring creative ways of solving problems and learning on the job.
- Understands the significance of good software development practices such as unit tests, profiling, prototypes etc.
- Background in using technology to solve problems in the regulatory space.
- Experience working with relational as well as non-relational databases.
- Have built or worked on a major component of an exciting product in your previous roles and loved the satisfaction that comes with its usage.
- Experience with developing non-trivial front-end web applications.
- Experience with learning algorithms.
- Experience working with data at scale and setting up ETL workflows.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Symbium does not provide visa sponsorships at this time.
Symbium is an equal opportunity employer.